Realizing a new app is like building a house: it’s crucial to lay a strong foundation. How can you achieve that? What elements are essential to ensure the success of your digital platform and make a real impact on end-users?
Having worked on successful mobile platforms every day for the past 12.5 years, we’ve gathered valuable insights on the key factors for launching a new app platform. Here are the top 5 lessons:
- User-Centric Approach: Place the user at the core of your strategy. Understand your users deeply – how you can make their lives easier or more enjoyable. Map out the user journey, investigate their needs, and challenges. Your target audience may include consumers or employees. Involve your target audience in gaining insights into their desires and expectations, avoiding making assumptions to achieve your goals. Keep end-users engaged even after the app is live and incorporate their feedback into ongoing development and optimization. Ensure they feel like co-pilots on this journey.
- Define Your Objectives: Clearly define the app’s purpose and how it aligns with your company’s strategy. What constitutes success for your product? How and when will you measure it, and what are the key performance indicators (KPIs)? Ensure that you can effectively monitor app usage from the moment it’s launched, enabling you to inform future development.
- Technology Selection: Invest time in choosing the right technology stack. There are various technologies available for app development, each with its pros and cons. Consider the existing platforms and architectural guidelines, your roadmap, desired features, and available budget. Make an informed choice that aligns with end-users’ goals and contributes to your company’s objectives.
- Thorough Testing: Involve app users in testing prototypes early in the project’s life cycle and continue to engage them in testing as you improve the app. Additionally, ensure the app’s quality through testing by a Quality Assurance engineer. Establish a robust testing strategy at the project’s outset and engage specialists in both manual and automated testing during the development phase. This significantly impacts the product’s quality.
- Engage Stakeholders: Ensure that other departments within your company are part of the app planning process and can provide input. Depending on the concept and target audience, these departments may include HR, marketing, customer service, etc. These facets of your company will be pivotal to the ultimate success of the app platform, so ensure their involvement.
If you want to kickstart your app project successfully, Pinch offers various options, from one-day workshops to more extensive discovery approaches. You can find more information about our Pinch Discovery services [here]. Feel free to get in touch if you’d like to learn more about this approach or our other packages.
(Contact Us) if you have any further questions or require additional information about our services.